It’s super to easy and you’d be amazed by how beneficial a simple tea rinse can be! As part of my natural hair care routine I try to do a tea rinse and deep condition at least once a month.I often find myself recommending tea rinses to others, especially those who experience excessive shedding and wish for fuller hair.
If you’re into DIY hair care, you can incorporate your desired cleansing method and a homemade hair mask!
- Brew 2 cups of the tea of your choice. Then allow to cool.
- Cleanse hair using desired method. (Apple Cider Vinager, Bentonite Clay, whatever you desire.
- After hair has been cleansed. Rinse your clean hair with the cooled tea. I find spray bottle makes it much easier to apply the tea to your hair.
- Massage the tea into your scalp. **This is crucial to receiving the benefits of the tea!
- Apply a deep conditioner, moisturizing hair mask treatment, or homemade hydrating hair mask. The tea can leave your hair stiff. So applying conditioner will help moisturize and soften the hair.
- Cover hair with a plastic cap and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair and style as desired.
- Reduces Shedding
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Caffeine found in Green and Black tea block the hormone DHT that causes shedding
- Vitamin C and E found in tea to prevent and restore damaged hair
- Green tea helps with dandruff and psoriasis
- Black tea helps to increase strength and thickness of hair
Tip: I personally like to prep my hair for protective styles using this method. The tea rinse helps with strengthening the hair and adding an added deep conditioner is a great way to hydrate and prep your hair.